Red Lantern Journeys was founded in 2004. We’re a small company rebounding from the pandemic and growing. We’re always interested in talking to passionate people who think they have the business and social skills to thrive in the travel industry. Areas that we may have needs for are marketing, technology, sales, or customer support. If we don’t have a specific job listed here, please don’t hesitate to send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) introducing yourself, your background, and why you think you might be a good fit for us. Who knows, we just might give you a call.
Currently Open Positions:
Destination Sales Specialists – SE Asia, NE Asia, and South Asia
(work where you are)
The Role and Responsibilities
You’ll be responsible for the entire sales process with our clients from responding to initial inquiries to developing itineraries to working with suppliers and DMCs to book services to providing pre- and post-trip customer service.
- Design detailed, creative, and accurate travel itineraries, proposals, and confirmations for our clients. This will entail researching destinations, activities, and special interests for client itineraries. (culture, food, family activities, art, adventure, architecture, gardens, historic attractions, etc.)
- Work with DMCs and suppliers to quote and implement client trips.
- Maintain data in the Red Lantern Journeys CRM, spreadsheets, and other software systems.
- Conduct financial analysis, pricing, and breakdowns.
- Manage client invoicing in conjunction with the Sales and Travel Manager.
- Assisting with securing dining and spa reservations for clients, along with fulfilling ticket requests and other special arrangements.
- Professional and timely communication with clients, suppliers, and team members.
- Proficiency in the use of company software and programs, including Excel, CMS and CRM.
- Assisting with special projects and activities as needed.
- Occasionally attending travel industry events as a representative of Red Lantern Journeys in the spirit of learning more about the industry.
- Communicate directly with clients as needed via phone, video, and email.
- Use initiative to actively support and assist across all aspects of Red Lantern Journeys operations to ensure the smooth and efficient care of all client and company needs, including actively supporting and assisting team members as needed.
Skills and Qualifications
- Personal Travel experience in SE Asia, including Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Singapore.
- Travel Industry Experience – You’ve worked in the travel industry before, preferably selling tours in our destination countries directly to clients from North America.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office Suite of Products, including Excel, Word, and Teams
- Experience using a CRM system
- Exceptional oral and written English communication skills
- Detailed and Organized – you have the ability to analyze and synthesize a vast volume of information and understand complicated travel logistics
- Passionate, eager, enthusiastic, optimistic, and hardworking with a can-do attitude
- Excellent rapport-building skills and a track record of customer interaction
- Confidence and open-mindedness
- Bright and articulate
- Able to maintain a consistent work schedule
This is a sales job where you’re selling something that people really want (amazing trips to amazing countries in Asia) but are often competing against other companies or the client’s ability to book a trip themselves.